The steps to create and burn a video disc may vary depending on your requirements. The following sections outline all of the features you can perform in the create disc window, so consult the sections that apply to the disc you want to create.
- In the new task window, click the Video Disc option. Select either the Video CD (VCD) Disc or DVD-Video Disc option to open the create disc window.
- Click the button and then browse to and select the video file that you want to include on the disc.
- Click on to preview the imported video, if required.
- Click the button to import additional video files if required. Each video you import becomes another title or scene on your final disc.
- Proceed to complete the disc creation process as required. See Selecting/Editing Disc Menus for more information.
CyberLink Power2Go provides you with several stylish pre-designed menu templates that you can choose from. These menus are already customized for you and may include such features as motion and menu music.
Select a menu template to preview it. Select Apply to apply the highlighted menu page style to the specified menu page. Select Apply to All Pages if you want to use the same style on every page (home and scenes page).
If you want to view the scenes on your disc, use the button and the other menu navigation controls to navigate through the disc menu. Or click the Preview button at the bottom of the window to view what your disc will look like when played on a disc player after burning.
To edit the text that appears on the menu page, including clickable button text, double-click on it, and then enter the new text. You can modify menu text style, size, and alignment using the disc menu font properties options located at the top of the disc menu window.
Note: the final duration of your disc menu’s background music is dependent on the time entered in the Duration field in the Playback Mode Settings window, not the length of music file used. See Setting Disc Playback Mode for more information on setting your menu’s duration.
- click the button to add/replace the menu background music.
- trim the audio file using the playback controls and then move the sliders on the trim bar to the desired start and end points.
- select to have the menu music gradually Fade-in or Fade-out.
- if the length of your menu music file is not as long as the specified duration, select the Auto repeat option to loop it.
- click Apply to All Pages to set the music for all of the disc menu pages, or click Apply to set it for the current disc menu page you are editing.
Use this option to add a video as a first play video to your created disc. The first play video plays automatically when the disc is inserted into a disc player, before the disc menu loads. No navigation buttons are available during the first play, and viewers cannot fast forward past this segment. In a professional production, this is usually a copyright notice or warning. However, you may prefer to use a personal introduction or other video clip instead.
- choose from one of the three available playback modes based on the available descriptions. Your disc will follow the selected behavior when inserted or play is pressed on your disc player.
- if you want the disc content to play automatically, select the Auto menu time out option. When selected, your content plays automatically after displaying the disc menu for the specified duration. If you do not select this option, your menu loops endlessly until you press the play button on your disc player.
- in the Duration field, enter in the length in seconds for the disc menu. The minimum duration allowed is 10 seconds, while your disc can be up to 99 seconds long before it loops back to the beginning.
When creating a disc with multiple titles /scenes, you can select the number of thumbnail buttons that display on the scenes menu page. Use the Buttons per page drop-down on the bottom left, to select the number you want on these pages.
- Select the video recording format: if available for your selected disc format, select the recording format of the video on your disc and its aspect ratio.
- Select the video encoding format and quality: if available for your selected disc format, select an encoding format and video quality for your disc. The Smart Fit option automatically adjusts the bit rate to the best quality video file that fits exactly to the capacity of the disc you are using.
- Select the audio encoding format and channels: select an audio format for your disc, and the number of channels it is capable of outputting to.
Burning the disc is the final stage of the create disc process. Once your disc is burned, you are able to play it on a disc player. Click on the Burn button and then on Start Burning to begin the burning process.
Note: the burning process may take at least a few minutes, depending on the length and quality of your video and your computer’s processing power. Be prepared for a short wait while CyberLink Power2Go renders your video disc.
Before you burn to a disc for the first time, it is advised that you click on to set your burning settings. After you configure these settings, CyberLink Power2Go uses the same settings each time you burn until you change them.
If you are using a rewritable disc, you can erase content that has data previously recorded on it. This allows you to reuse the same discs over and over without the need to continually buy new discs. Click on the button to begin erasing a disc.